Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bad start ...

Just realised that this moment in time is not the best to start blogging on my poker experiences, since I have almost lost my internet connection - meaning that the neighbour I steal my WiFi connection from have lowered the quality so much that I am too afraid to start a game more expensive than a freeroll ;o) And even then I still get insanely angry when I get disconnected during a game ...

But then it might be a good idea to set the scene:
I started playing poker in the fall of 2004 - just like any other fish on the online poker tables. So this doesn't make me any different from the 50 million other people out there wanting to make a fast buck on the green tables... but has is then been profitable?? I like to call it 'learning money' ... which in laymen terms means NO!

Looking at my Bank Roll it seems I am down about $800 ... It has been alot worse ... not alot meaning that I owed my kid and car to poker site or the bank. But I think the low peak was at $1500 ... So I have improved significantly over the last months.

I have enjoyed the life as a Bonus Whore ... searching for the free money (which apparently doesn't exist!!) I have been playing everything through Fixed Limit, Pot Limit, Omaha (not a good idea when you don't know what the hell is going on the table), Cash games in all categories and Sit & Go single table tournaments and of course multitable tournaments where I thought I could easily score the grand prize. Did I ??? No, best ranking was a 12th spot in a Freeroll satellite ... no money for me.

Right now I focus on the Sit & Go tournaments - $5, $10 and $20 - and primarily on large 10 seat tables. I have tried to get money at the both the 5, 6 and 8 seat tables ... and even tried Turbo games to see if my concentration then could last through the game. Until I realised that I just needed a lot more discipline when playing. That actually hepled alot.

And now ... just as it was getting better and I could start to see my losses being turned around I lose my internet connection. Should I then invest in my own? ;o) Perhaps ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home